• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

El Rey Cocoa Powder

merstar

Has anyone tried El Rey's cocoa powder? It's a new item at Chocosphere. Unfortunately, chocosphere doesn't allow direct links to the product - have to look for it on Search. Here's a brief description:

"New! El Rey Cocoa Powder

El Rey cocoa powder has a high fat content, 22-24%, and is Dutch processed. Packaged in a convenient reclosable metallized plastic bag. Net wt.: 1Kg/2.2lbs."

http://www.chocosphere.com/cgi-bin/webstore/web_store.cgi#el_cocoa_powder

There's nothing better than a good friend, except a good friend with CHOCOLATE.

I just got in 6 lbs of it. I will let you know what I think when I use some of it. I've used Valrhona for years, but since I pretty much use El Rey Chocolate exclusively now, I thought I would give it a shot since I was almost out.

I just got in 6 lbs of it. I will let you know what I think when I use some of it. I've used Valrhona for years, but since I pretty much use El Rey Chocolate exclusively now, I thought I would give it a shot since I was almost out.

Oh yes, please do let me know what you think. I really want to order it, but would like to hear your opinion first. (Their Apamate 73.5% is my favorite chocolate right now - I'm seriously addicted to it)!

There's nothing better than a good friend, except a good friend with CHOCOLATE.