• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Green Aisle

Green Aisle, a small grocery store featuring local providers just opened at 1618 E. Passyunk. U picked up lunch yesterday - some Zahav hummus, flat bread and a pail of Johnson's World Famous Caramel Popcorn.

Drew Lazar at the City Paper sums Green Aisle up.

Holly Moore

"I eat, therefore I am."

HollyEats.Com

Twitter

Adam and I have had some email exchanges about which cocktail geek products needed to be on the shelves. I'm happy to say that they've done a great job stocking the shelves with all kinds of bitters, interesting esoteric mixers (Q Tonic, DRY sodas, Fever Tree Bitter Lemon and Ginger Beer, etc.) and some really nice organic dried hibiscus and other cocktailian accoutrement. Looking forward to my first opportunity to check out the inventory personally over the weekend.

Katie M. Loeb
Booze Muse, Spiritual Advisor

Author: Shake, Stir, Pour:Fresh Homegrown Cocktails

Cheers!
Bartendrix,Intoxicologist, Beverage Consultant, Philadelphia, PA
Captain Liberty of the Good Varietals, Aphrodite of Alcohol

Stopped by here this morning, it's such a sweet space! So excited about the Stumptown Coffee, as well as the Q Tonic (thanks Katie!!) and hibiscus. About to add the flowers to some grain and jar em up for a while. Pretty much a perfect Sunday stop. They even have an ATM for those unprepared for the cash-only stipulation.

"He was a bold man that first eat an oyster." -Jonathan Swift