• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

New Years Eve Dining in Las Vegas

We're coming to Las Vegas for a few days over New Year's and are trying to pick a place to eat on New Year's Eve (likely on the Strip). It may still be a bit early, but it doesn't look like most restaurants have posted their New Year's Eve plans yet. If there is anything that's been announced, I'd love to hear about it. Otherwise, maybe this thread can become a central repository once more information becomes available.

Thanks!

-Josh

Now blogging at http://jesteinf.wordpress.com/

• 2 weeks later...

We're coming to Las Vegas for a few days over New Year's and are trying to pick a place to eat on New Year's Eve (likely on the Strip). It may still be a bit early, but it doesn't look like most restaurants have posted their New Year's Eve plans yet. If there is anything that's been announced, I'd love to hear about it. Otherwise, maybe this thread can become a central repository once more information becomes available.

Thanks!

I would set your sights on something at CityCenter, which is scheduled to officially open on December 14. Michael Mina, Julian Serrano and the Maccioni family are all scheduled to open restaurants at City Center, but I would go for the top if I was you and make a reservation at Pierre Gagnaire restaurant.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks!

I would set your sights on something at CityCenter, which is scheduled to officially open on December 14. Michael Mina, Julian Serrano and the Maccioni family are all scheduled to open restaurants at City Center, but I would go for the top if I was you and make a reservation at Pierre Gagnaire restaurant.

Pierre Gagnaire's restaurant "Twist" is at the Mandarin Orientel and is open now. The rest of the places are at the Aria resort, which doesn't open until next week.

Jeff Meeker, aka "jsmeeker"