• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Dining in Seoul

Lovely, inspiring, and delectable.  Thank you for taking us along!

• Like 1

Nancy Smith, aka "Smithy"
HosteG Forumsnsmith@egstaff.org

Follow us on social media! Facebook; instagram.com/egulletx; twitter.com/egullet

"Every day should be filled with something delicious, because life is too short not to spoil yourself. " -- Ling (with permission)
"There comes a time in every project when you have to shoot the engineer and start production." -- author unknown

Thanks for bringing us along as vicarious travellers (and diners).

Great photos and great looking food even though I still can't get my head around the idea of all that cheese :unsure:.

I know it's stew. What KIND of stew?

14 hours ago, rarerollingobject said:

And last meal before the airport

Why yes, Korea, you land of twisted geniuses, I know it's only 9am, but I WOULD like a moat of molten cheese poured around my cauldron of fire-hot chicken and ramyun noodles for breakfast. Delicious!

IMG_0051.JPG

Everything you've shared with us has been amazing but this...THIS is brilliant!  I had no idea cheese was so popular in Korea, let alone that one could have melty fondue with spicy hot BBQ. 

Google tells me versions of this are available at Korean BBQ places in the LA area so I may need to do some more research xD

This is perhaps not a question for this forum, but you've got one or more long haul flights back home and I can't help but wonder how you manage. Some of the big Asian airports have some excellent dining spots.  Do you take advantage of them, pack provisions in your carry-on or leave yourself at the mercy of the airlines?    

Thank you for taking the time to share your travels with us.  

Edited by blue_dolphin (log)
  • Like 1