• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Buying bleached flour and Wondra in Japan

cteavin

I love living in Japan. The only two things I miss are good ol Mexican chilies and bleached flour. (sigh) I'll settle for a the flour. :)

I was looking through the Home Buyers Club this afternoon and they have 5lb bags of Gold Medal AP flour for about 900 yen per page. It makes me ill because I know how much it really costs. Before I place an order I thought I'd check here and see if anyone knew of a place in Japan (or China or Korea or wherever) where I could get bleached cake and AP flour. Also, I really want to give my new Rose L. B. book a workout and to do that I need Wondra flour. I'm tempted to get a group of people together to have a couple of cases shipped over from the states. Would anyone be interested in that?

Cheers,

Steven :biggrin: