• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Finding filé powder in Toronto

HowardLi

I think the place at the corner of Augusta and Baldwin has it - but don't quote me on that. The place that used to be on King near Sherbourne (George maybe) but that moved out to Etobicoke a few years ago had a lot of Cajun/Creole stuff. The name completely escapes me though.

Cheers,

Geoff

Does anybody know where I can get this? It's a rather elusive item around my neighbourhood, I'm afraid.

The bulk place in Kensington at the corner of Baldwin and Augusta (Casa Acoreana maybe?) does in fact have it. Popped my head in yesterday and asked.

Can anybody help me out with the name of the place I referenced above that used to be on King? It's driving me nuts that I can't remember the name.

Cheers,

Geoff

Can anybody help me out with the name of the place I referenced above that used to be on King? It's driving me nuts that I can't remember the name.

I think you're referring to Pasquale Brothers.

That's it!

Thanks!

Cheers,

Geoff