• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

El Monterrey in Asbury Park

Jaybob

I have been going to this place for at least two years now, easily a dozen or more times. On each occasion we have had fantastic meals that are a far cry from the typical Tex/Mex fare that is so abundant, this ain't Taco Bell. It is also a BYOB and very inexpensive. What boggles the mind is that as good as this place is they don't have a lot of traffic, on a Friday night they may have four tables out of twenty filled. The place is also decently appointed, not a dive by any means.

I have no interest here other than the fact that Pedro and his crew are doing a great job and this is genuinely a wonderful restaurant, I would hate to see them close shop due to lack of interest.

Anyone else been there?