• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Sonic Coming To Port Richmond

Holly Moore

Breaking News from Michael Klein - Philadelphia is getting its first Sonic Drive-In on or near the corner of Aramingo and E. Butler Street in Port Richmond. Opens next Friday, November 13th at noon.

Just one question, where does the tray attach to my Vespa?

Holly Moore

"I eat, therefore I am."

HollyEats.Com

Twitter

there is one near a client in Lumberton - the lines are typically enormous (as is the clientele), the food is mostly fried and seems to cost $1 on average. That extra long Coney does look mighty good, though. Add a soda and a potato and it is easily 1000 calories. Can you tell I am torn between the need to eat in a somewhat healthy fashion and my love of quality junk food?

Edited by jmbrightman (log)

I do not believe I have ever been to a sonic, but I notice one opened over the summer on the Black horse pike right across from Rexy's. I am not sure what town it is but I guess Audubon right before the Walt Whitman bridge entrance.

In any case if one were to visit Sonic what would be the right things to try?

There's already one in Easton, PA, on Route 248, near the Wal-Mart. Allentown will be getting one on Airport Road in the near future. They have not broken ground yet, but the sign is up.

Oh, and Whitehall has been considered for a White Castle, in front of the Home Depot, where the abandoned Sunoco station now stands.

Theresa :smile:

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

- Abraham Lincoln