• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Paris - lunch deals

tsg20

In London there are a lot of good deals to be had at lunch - often half the price of dinner, even in 2*/3* restaurants. Is this the case in Paris? Are there any particularly good deals? I'd love to go to some of the 3*s, but can't really afford much over 100euros/head.

I don't do lunches, so I'm not the most knowledgeable, but your usual suspects for good lunch deals are Le Cinq (78 EUR), Gagnaire (a bit over 100 EUR I believe), Ledoyen (90 EUR or so), Savoy (100 EUR, only with internet reservations), La Grande Cascade (65 EUR, 85 EUR b.i., also available for dinner). Rostang (78 EUR) and Lasserre (65 EUR I I remember correctly), too.

You can check on www.viamichelin.com, there's all the info you need.

If three stars are important for you, then the only lunch deal I would recommend under 100 is Ledoyen -- it is exceptional, but be careful with the cost of water. Le Meurice and Le Bristol also have lunch deals but they're subpar, in my opinion. Savoy, Gagnaire, l'Arpège are all very special places but will blow your budget.

There are indeed great deals in two star restaurants -- as Olivier mentions, there's of course Le Cinq at 78, Lasserre at 75 (only thu-fri).

Even better are the deals including drinks: 85€ at La Grande Cascade (also at night), 89.50 at Rostang (just wonderful), 60€ at La Table de JR, 60€ also at Sormani.

Thanks for the suggestions - some great-looking stuff to check out. I'm not wedded to 3* at all - I just know that I wouldn't be able to afford them at all without a deal.

Edited by tsg20 (log)