• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Reccomendations for Omakase at Shibuya

deadstroke

I will be in Tokyo in December and have planned for one night to break away from the holiday group for a special meal alone? Why alone? The others in my group are not really foodies are not keen to spend too much money on dinner.

Anyhoo, I am looking for recommendations for a place around Shibuya that would preferably be friendly to a single non-Japanese speaking customer. It should do Omakase on a budget of say 10,000 yen. I greatly appreciate any recommendations. Thanks.

I'm not sure where you are coming form, but perhaps you can take advantage of jetlag to enjoy omakaze at one of the fishmarket places. I had heavenly omakaze at 5 am at sushi dai for nothing much--40 bucks?

some iphone

shots4036122130_7eedcfc40a_m.jpg

try the sperm sac of cod-- only available in winter!

"Gourmandise is not unbecoming to women: it suits the delicacy of their organs and recompenses them for some pleasures they cannot enjoy, and for some evils to which they are doomed." Jean Anthelme Brillat-Savarin

MetaFooder: linking you to food | @foodtwit

Any type of food? "Omakase" is not exclusive to a particular type of food or style of cuisine. If you're familiar enough with the staff, you could go into an Italian restaurant and say "omakase" (I sometimes do that at my favourite local Italian place).