• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

recipe for Mandalay's pork in San Francisco

Steve Gomes

When I go to California to see my college friends they take me to this restaurant called Mandalays and I think it is on 4th and California in San fran sisco. They have this crunchy pork that has a great sauce and the dish is called Mandalay pork. Has any one heard of this and do you know how to cook it

Steve the Blind meat Cutter

Can you describe it a little more. I went to their site, and these are listed as their pork dishes:

Pan Fried Pork with String Bean

Delicious spicy crunchy string bean pan fry with pork slices

Shredded Pork with Garlic

Shredded Pork prepared with black fungus and vegetables in hot sauce

Smoked Spicy Pork with Cabbages

Mu Shu Pork (with 4 Pancakes)

Basil Spicy Pork

Our fresh Basil leaf sauce is fragrant and created in our chef's oriental wok.

Rhonda

Hi Rhonda. Well now that I think of it last time I went to Mandalays it was about 5 years ago and they didn't have the pork on the menu but they made it if you asked for it. The string bean were great too. Now the pork had to be deep fried in a batter because it was crunchy and I don't remember the sauce. And they had coconut rice which was very good too.

Steve the Blind meat Cutter