• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Serious booze up post Koffman

Taking a friend to pierre koffman next friday and want to take him on a little tour of the west end's coolest bars.

we'll do salt yard, then onto crazy bear and then into soho via the french house and jrink.

do you guys have any favourite spots i should show him even if just for a beer?

Know anything about getting into gerry's?

anywhoooooo..... i'd be very grateful for some recommendations, cool places, particularly good matinis etc etc

Oooohhhh. Where's the player? tell me about it, sounds old school.

i last went to lab in about 2002. i remember a fight breaking out about the wearing of a hat. whatever!

have you been to kettners since the revamp? what's that like now?

have you been to kettners since the revamp? what's that like now?

We tried to have a drink there pre dinner at Le Gavroche ( I will finally do that write up this week!) Sadly it looked dead as in not a sole to be seen and it appeared a little austere inside.

Just checked out Knight's Bar. Sounds posh. Being slightly scruffy myself, I love to going to 'old school' places. Think I'll be dropping in here for a Martini. Like it vodka, with a twist myself. Preferably Belvedere.

I'm definitely going to check out the Player aswell Mr Grant. Favourite cocktail?

Anejo Rum, Orange Curacao, Lime juice, Angostura bitters

Another one I often order is an Apple Jack Cocktail, its not on the menu at the moment but they will make anything you want. Calvados, Orange Curacao, Lime juice and Orange bitters.

By coincience they are next to each other in Dale Degroff's The Craft of the Cocktail.

"Why would we want Children? What do they know about food?"