• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Qwickerts

Darienne

So many times when replying to an eGullet thread, I have been able to state with joy and pride, that WE in east central Ontario have this wonderful dairy, Reid's recently changed to Qwickerts, where we could buy dairy products which contained...gasp...dairy ingredients! And at reasonable prices. It was a treat to shop there. And we did. At least once a week. And indeed, only last on Monday afternoon. And we don't even live in the city.

No more. As of today, all the Qwickert stores have closed on account of bankruptcy and I am writing this short obit because I am very, very sad. :sad:

Most of all I will miss the whipping/heavy cream. It contained no sugar or other things which don't belong in this dairy product and it came in litres (sort of like quarts).

Darienne

learn, learn, learn...

We live in hope.