• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Help please for Special Meal on Big Island-at Four Seasons Hotel

Shmily

Hi...We are revisiting Hawaii for two and a half weeks in December. The first week will be in Maui and the second will be 3 nights in Hilo and then a week staying in the resort area north of Kona. We are looking for one amazing meal while we are staying near Kona. We have narrowed this meal down to The Four Seasons Hotel and cannot decide between the two restaurants there ...Pahu i'a and the Hualalai Grille. Have you eaten at either or both?? All suggestions are welcome and appreciated. Thank you in advance. :smile::biggrin:

• 3 weeks later...

Apologies for the lack of participation in the Hawaii forum. Although the people who live and visit here do love to eat, there is a definite lack of enthusiasm to share their experiences with others.

Although I cannot comment on the two restaurants at the Big Island Four Seasons, I can heartily recommend the two restaurants located in the Maui Four Seasons with Duo being the preferred venue. Newly opened and atmosphere, cuisine and service is spectacular displaying the high standards expected of a Four Seasons operation. The grill choices are varied and superbly crafted and range from elk steaks, Muscovy duck breasts and two cuts of Kobe beef. Start your meal with the Trio sashimi of ahi, onaga and kampachi and you will not be disappointed.

Please someone help our visitor with any information on the Four Season's Kona property prior to their visit in December.

:cool:

Thank you for your reply..and I do hope that someone will reply about the restaurants on the Big Island. We pretty much have already picked out where we plan to eat on Maui but wanted a special night on our last night in Hawaii...thus my question... :smile::smile: