• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

chicken n waffles

sabg

my son got straight a's and wants to celebrate with chicken n waffles and ican t find them>>>pls help...live in boca raton and will travel up to an hour...west palm. miami..west ???

thanks...and he doesn't want me to make them

trust me...that would be my choice....easy n cheap...but he wants to go out AND now we are also celebrating his football teams first win...i can t believe in such a diver area this is so hard...it was on diners & dives last night

If nobody serves it in your area, there's not much you can do about that. I'd call around and ask. If nobody has it on the menu as a dish but happens to serve both waffles and chicken then you could order both and put it together yourself at the table. There's no secret to the dish. A waffle, some chicken and maple (maple flavored if you want to be full-on authentic to the roots) syrup makes the dish. Personally, I think it's a better combination with honey than maple syrup but I'm not a huge fan of the dish in any form.

It's kinda like wrestling a gorilla... you don't stop when you're tired, you stop when the gorilla is tired.

• 1 month later...

Having grown up in Florida, chicken and waffles are not part of the food history of the state. I like chicken and waffles but it just was not part of the foods we ate growing up. Actually I had never heard of it until I left the state.

It is good to be a BBQ Judge.  And now it is even gooder to be a Steak Cookoff Association Judge.  Life just got even better.  Woo Hoo!!!