• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Pourhouse Vancouver

SBonner

Here's a link to my blog on our Chef's table Dinner at Pourhouse Vancouver in Gastown.

http://barbourswelliesandwine.blogspot.com/2009/10/pourhouse-vancouver-chefs-table-dinner.html

Edited by SBonner (log)

"who needs a wine list when you can get pissed on dessert" Gordon Ramsey Kitchen Nightmares 2005

MY BLOG

Looks like you and Helen had a good evening.

I love the Pourhouse. Such assured and well put together food, smart and grown up space, solid and confident service. This place feels like a well oiled machine already. Tremendous addition to Gastown - I've been recommending it to my friends since I was there earlier this week.

• 1 month later...

Alexandra Grill just gave Pourhouse a stellar review in the G&M:

Hot boîte delivers a surprise serving of nostalgia

I was there one Monday a couple of weeks back - very impressed. The place was full by about 7pm. One thing I really appreciated was the noise level. It's a very good room for conversation, and they don't crank the music up like many restaurants and most bars seem to do these days. The Diamond has also been great in this respect.

健啖家(kentan-ka):A hearty eater

He was a wise man who invented beer." - Plato

• 1 month later...

I had a great experience at Pourhouse recently, on a date with my better half. He had the scallops and the campfire trout, which came out very hot and wrapped in foil. I was really pleased with the beef shortribs, and the carrot puree was a nice addition. I ended the meal with a manhattan and he had an old fashioned, because I guess our mood was very Mad Men that night :]

The service was decent, but I think we came in just as our waitress was ending her shift so our table was swapped for another waitress who wasn't very attentive. It didn't detract from the quality of the food/drink in any way, and I'm sure the next time I go the service will be fine.

I really enjoyed Pourhouse and can't wait to go back :]

• 5 weeks later...

Pourhouse might be getting some big tourist attention from Sam Sifton's great review :)

"There are two things every chef needs in the kitchen: fish sauce and duck fat" - Tony Minichiello