• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

best restaurant pastry chefs in paris

schneich

hi,

we are visiting the salon du chocolat on the weekend, and we would like to have two dinners, with a

focus on a great dessert, besides christophe michalak, who are the best (and most progressive) pastry chefs

in paris and which are the restaurants they work in ????

thanks for sharing your knowledge...

t.

toertchen toertchen

patissier chocolatier cafe

cologne, germany

I agree that Lesecq is the best thing about le Meurice and can be quite impressive. A pity you have to go through the meal first. Not sure that it's open on weekends either. I am less impressed by l'Arpège and l'Astrance than Food Snob is, but they are definitely light.

I think highly of the desserts at Ledoyen -- but it's also open mon-fri.

Not a restaurant pastry chef, but you may not miss Génin of course. Ducasse has his chocolates and caramels, so does l'Agapé -- but they're also closed on weekends.

Savoy's dessert experience is unique and is nearly half the meal, but it's not particularly progressive or even admirable as a pastry job.

Gagnaire is always special and has endless desserts as well. And he's open on sunday nights.