• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Tri2Cook

Tri2Cook

13 minutes ago, Jim D. said:

I have a recipe (from an ancient Bon Appétit) that calls for making truffles from (sweetened) cream of coconut, chopped macadamias, white chocolate, dark rum, lime zest, and toasted coconut flakes. Sounds a bit similar to what you are thinking of. 

Minus the macadamias and the coconut flakes and with the addition of some lime juice to add a little tartness and balance, that sounds similar to what I was going for. I know coconut and lime is a common combo, I was just going to model mine after the Coconaut tiki drink by making it more rum-forward. I was going for a rum trio, the Dark and Stormies from Chocolates and Confections in dark chocolate, this one modeled after the Coconaut in white chocolate and I'm hoping to come up with one using milk chocolate as well, still working on that.

Tri2Cook

Tri2Cook

1 minute ago, Jim D. said:

I have a recipe (from an ancient Bon Appétit) that calls for making truffles from (sweetened) cream of coconut, chopped macadamias, white chocolate, dark rum, lime zest, and toasted coconut flakes. Sounds a bit similar to what you are thinking of. 

Minus the macadamias and the coconut flakes and with the addition of some line juice to add a little tartness and balance, that sounds similar to what I was going for. I know coconut and lime is a common combo, I was just going to model mine after the Coconaut tiki drink by making it more rum-forward. I was going for a rum trio, the Dark and Stormies from Chocolates and Confections in dark chocolate, this one modeled after the Coconaut in white chocolate and I'm hoping to come up with one using milk chocolate as well, still working on that.