• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Any Molecular Gastronomy in Vancouver?

Andrew Chalk

There are (were) some minor examples of foam and spherification here and there (namely West, the now-defunct Rare and Gastropod, etc.) Nothing that involved liquid Nitrogen or similar envelope-stretching things.

fmed

de gustibus non est disputandum

My first thought was Restaurant Connor Butler, but I have no idea if they still do this/ever did this. I vaguely recall hearing something about domes and vapours some while back when they just opened.

My second thought was DC Duby Chocolates....but I'm pretty certain it's chocolates only, and I'm not sure if there's even a retail store, or just online and wholesale.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...

I first had sous vide cooking at Diva a few years ago and it was excellent. Don't know what they're doing now. I recently dined at Jose Andre's micro modernist temple "e" in Las Vegas. I really don't ever expect to see that sort of cooking here. There isn't an audience for it.

• 2 years later...

My first thought was Restaurant Connor Butler, but I have no idea if they still do this/ever did this. I vaguely recall hearing something about domes and vapours some while back when they just opened.

My second thought was DC Duby Chocolates....but I'm pretty certain it's chocolates only, and I'm not sure if there's even a retail store, or just online and wholesale.

I can vouch or Duby...uber cool stuff. Else, MG doesn't play in Vancouver.