• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Bad Omen on Lancaster Avenue

VictorFiorillo

Good marketing wins over "good making".

If we can't get the equivalent of "public service announcements", maybe food establishments in a given area, especially if it's not Center City or Manyunk, ought to band together to become more than just "word of mouth" places. Eat at the BBQ joint one time, at the Italian place down the street the next ... but don't just drive past a "made with love" bistro on your way to Chile's or TGIF, because you recognize the logo ...

Regards,

JasonZ

JasonZ

Philadelphia, PA, USA and Sandwich, Kent, UK

I'm guessing gfweb was talking bout Philly generally having edible pizza, although I'd be happy to hear about any highlights in that area if he (or anybody) knows of them.

I do the same as you, Victor: I go to Pica's. I find their pizza very weird, and strangely addictive. I'd go more if their phone-ordering system didn't involve some weird automated tree that I can never seem to navigate, at least with my cell phone.

Edited by philadining (log)

"Philadelphia’s premier soup dumpling blogger" - Foobooz

philadining.com

And Subway shall flourish in the valley of the hoagie. For the fast food generation fodder wins over flavor.

And Subway begat Quiznos; and good bread was driven from the valley of the hoagie.