• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Where was your kitchen appliance manufactured?

Darienne

Just discussing with the DH the fact that our newly acquired second-hand coffee maker...we run through them pretty quickly...has the most inconvenient carafe lid. You have to stick your finger into the pouring area to get it off. On the other hand, it is still functioning perfectly. It was made in Korea. That goes back. (Someone can no doubt supply dates.) That postdates manufacture in Japan and predates being made in China.

And now some of the 'better' stuff seems to be coming from India. My new wonderful nested set of stainless steel mixing bowls with silicone bottoms are from India, purchased last year in Utah.

And amazingly, my new Beater Blades are manufactured in the USA.

The catalog for the Paderno wear says 'Prince Edward Island made', but it does seem a tad vague... OK. Just phoned Paderno and while the Fusion 5 pots are still made in PEI, other pieces are made in Indonesia and China. The staff person said that if your pots are old enough, they were all made in PEI years ago. Mine aren't and they aren't Fusion 5 either. What else is new?

Interesting...to me, at least.

Darienne

learn, learn, learn...

We live in hope. 

Interesting discussion. Earlier this year I purchased this Summit refrigerator and was surprised to learn that it was manufactured in Turkey. Not that I expected it to be made in the US of A, but the company's web site highlights its "homegrown workforce" and in-house production capability. Oh well, I absolutely love my refrigerator :wub: regardless of where it's made.

Ilene