• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Lunch Tomorrow in London

I'm having lunch with a friend tomorrow in London, and wanted to try somewhere I haven't been, on a deal similar to the one they do at Le Gavroche, the set price including wine etc.

Where else does a good version of this? I think Foliage does, does anyone know of any others?

Thanks for your help.

C

I think that Aubergine in Chelsea does a set lunch including wine but the chef William Drabble has recently left. The lunch at Foliage has the option of including the wine but the chef Chris Staines has recently left as well and Heston Blumenthal was going to take over at some time. Best to phone them up. Anyway, probably the best deal is at Gavroche.

Probably too late to help but my lunch at Roussillon today ticked all the boxes.

£35 (+ optional 12.5%) all in brought canopes, amuse-bouche,a replenished choice from seven homemade rolls/breads, a choice of four starters and four mains, pre dessert, dessert and petit fours (served even if you don't have coffee)and 1/2 bottle of wine.

Quality of cooking, presentation and service consistent with the restaurant's Michelin star.

Edited by malcolmwilliamson (log)