• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Food in Ringwood area

finker99

HI!

I am under contract to buy a house in Ringwood and I have no idea where to eat. Please let me know, what's up in the area so I can start trying the local joints and events. Thanks!!

The best part of the Guiniea Pig? The Cheeks! Definately the cheeks!!

Welcome to the neighborhood! We are next door in Oakland. We tend to head south and east in general when looking for food and drink - mostly because we have family in that direction. Sorry I am not more familiar with the north and west towards you.

Friends have told me that the carib food at Hansil's on 202 in Oakland can be good esp with a big group but I have never been there. We enjoy Cafe Amore in Oakland for pizza and BYO when we can't get to A Mano in Ridgewood. Tommy has noted and I agree that the burger up at Mason Jar is quite OK and the beer is cold, but the BBQ is not on par with yours. (Bailey's BTW catered my mother-in-law's 65th birthday party a few weeks ago - you were the biggest hit at the party. The leftovers were to die for - the boy fell in love with pulled pork omelets)

Will ping the bride and come back with anything else we can think of.

Bill

"There are people who strictly deprive themselves of each and every eatable, drinkable, and smokable which has in any way acquired a shady reputation. They pay this price for health. And health is all they get for it. How strange it is. It is like paying out your whole fortune for a cow that has gone dry." - Mark Twain

"Please pass the bacon." - Me

I haven't been dissapointed with Villa Madrid on Ringwood Ave in Pompton Lakes yet, well the bread sucks...there are quite a few places up towards West Milford/Greewood Lake area that I havent tried in ages. Valiani's Deli in Pompton Lakes makes a mean fresh Mozz a few times daily...good generic red sauce Italian and specialty pizza at Franks by the Shoprite in West Milford (great prices for when you dont care about a tablecloth) too bad the movie theatre just closed though.

Farmers Market Saturday mornings at the Park and Ride/Library parking lot..

tracey

The great thing about barbeque is that when you get hungry 3 hours later....you can lick your fingers

Maxine

Avoid cutting yourself while slicing vegetables by getting someone else to hold them while you chop away.

"It is the government's fault, they've eaten everything."

My Webpage

garden state motorcyle association