• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Best Sushi in Portland?

Howdy folks. My dad has recently fallen quite ill and has always wanted to try sushi. I ate a fair amount of sushi when I lived in Portland but that was over ten years ago. So I'm hoping someone might have more up-to-date information on where I could get some of the best sushi around. A few things to consider: he is unable to leave his home so I need a restaurant that offers their food to go. I definitely want him to try uni, o-toro/chu-toro, sake harasu (salmon bellies) and, ideally, awabi (abalone). He doesn't have much in the way of teeth so crunchy stuff should be kept at a minimum. Cost doesn't concern me as much as quality. Although I prefer NW Portland since he lives in that area I'm flexible if the sushi is good enough. Thank you so much for any information you can give me. This will really make his day...his week, his year. :smile:

Shelley: Would you like some pie?

Gordon: MASSIVE, MASSIVE QUANTITIES AND A GLASS OF WATER, SWEETHEART. MY SOCKS ARE ON FIRE.

Twin Peaks