• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Re-heating beef rib roast

MMerrill

I cut it into thicker pieces, and quickly sear it on a hot pan. It gets a little more cooked, but with good timing, you should get it warm, a little brown on the outside, but the center stays rare. I use this technique for lamb, too, when I have leftover leg of lamb.

I read somewhere (I think in one of Robert Wolke's books) about the following technique: slice the beef, then place in a ziplock bag with any juices you may have and seal. Submerge the bag in hot water and heat it that way. It works very well -- it's great for leftover steak, too.

I read somewhere (I think in one of Robert Wolke's books) about the following technique: slice the beef, then place in a ziplock bag with any juices you may have and seal. Submerge the bag in hot water and heat it that way. It works very well -- it's great for leftover steak, too.

Now that's an interesting idea. Will try it tonight!

Now that's an interesting idea. Will try it tonight!

Next stop the Sous Vide topic ! :cool:

"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch ... you must first invent the universe." - Carl Sagan