• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Favorite NYC Gyro.....

Nockerl

Disgusting as it isnside, I am a huge fan of Gyro II on 33rd and 7th avenue across from Madison Square Garden. Huge servings of Gyro, Pita and Salad when you order the platter for a very reasonable price. The sauce is quite sweet, which for me, works great in turning the whole thing into a gooey delicious mess. Great place to go if you have a few minutes before going into MSG or Penn Station.

• 1 month later...
i don't know from good gyros, but i know that bereket (houston) is one of my most favorite 30 square feet of earth in the universe.

I decided several months ago never to go to Bereket again. I used to like their Doner Kebab sandwiches, but they started consistently making them extremely salty. I've concluded that their food is inferior to garden-variety felafel-and-shawarma places in the neighborhood, let alone really good ones further west (Mamoul's and that one - I think Ali's - on 3 St. just east of 6 Av.). It's a shame.

Michael aka "Pan"

Looks like 3rd St. and 6th Av.

I wonder if that's the one that's actually east of 6 Av. on the south side of 3 St. that I've liked and thought might be called Ali's.

Michael aka "Pan"