• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Minneapolis - Looking for a good restaurant

Jennifer25

Hi there,

I am going to be in Minneapolis next weekend and I was looking for a place with some great food. I would prefer it to be one of those expensive places because it's not often I'll be in Minneapolis, and I want to see the best they have =) We will probably be going out for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, but for dinner I am probably going to be in the mood for escargot or caviar, something along those lines. My boyfriend will most likely order steak or seafood so I'm thinking Manny's will be good. Here's a short list I've come up with from the brief researching I've been doing... (mostly for lunch)

Manny's

Al's Breakfast

Saffron

Hell's Kitchen

Big Daddy's barbecue

112 Eatery

thanks, jenny

I probably shouldn't even be replying, since I haven't been to Minneapolis since 1970, and don't know the food scene. All I do know is that Tim McKee of La Belle Vie, http://www.labellevie.us/ just won "Best Chef, Midwest" at the 2009 James Beard Awards, so I would definately add that to your list. I know I would if I were visiting Minneapolis.

Cheers!

Bret

Bret S. Beall, MS, PhD (Cand), CEO

Global Organic Designs Lifestyle Services

www.god-dess.com

I highly recommend Hell's Kitchen for their "Salvation Sunday Gospel Brunch". http://www.hellskitcheninc.com/Salvation-Sundays.html. I took my wife there just before I took her to the Walker Art Museum and asked her to marry me. :wub: So I guess you can say I am biased.

Dan

Edited by DanM (log)

"Salt is born of the purest of parents: the sun and the sea." --Pythagoras.