• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Olive oil in umbria

SuY

Several years ago, I brought back some quite good oil from Trevi. I just happened to stop at the azienda and can't recall the name. I searched for it, though, and came up with oliotrevi. I don't believe I had this oil, but it seems they ship. And that would put you very close to Taverna del Pescatore for a great meal.

Also, there's an olive oil museum in Torgiano, run by the Lungarotti wine people (you can click through to the museum website, but it's not very good). Torgiano is not far from Perugia. If you'd come a tad later, you could have hit Eurochocolate. Still, they might be setting up...

Edited by cinghiale (log)

FWIW, We have enjoyed EVOO from Mauro Colonna of Le Case Gialle, a km or two from Gualdo Catanio, Umbria, for the past ten or so years. He has 700 trees and has won several national awards for his oil. Google Le Case Gialle. His oil is about 12 euro and shipping to the US is about the same. His six packs get to us in less than a week.

• 4 weeks later...

SuY: How did you make out with the oil? Sorry I didn't see this thread sooner.

Yesterday in Trevi I saw some of the first "new oil", meaning this season's first pressing. It's been COLD so I have a feeling the full olive harvest is going to be later in November.