• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Name that cookie

LaMiaCucina

I'm guessing they're just thumbprint sugar cookies with a cherry, the piped dough is the same dough used to make the cookie.

I hereby name them cherrythumbs!

Creative, huh? :blink:

OK, perhaps not.

Edited by fooey (log)

Fooey's Flickr Food Fotography

Brünnhilde, so help me, if you don't get out of the oven and empty the dishwasher, you won't be allowed anywhere near the table when we're flambeéing the Cherries Jubilee.

I want some!

My aunt used a pastry bag and piped her spritz.

My imagination is probably running wild, but I am fantasizing that it is vanilla sugar those puppies are rolled in. What is the texture like? Tender? Butter cookie or sugar cookie?

I've never tasted them since I'm allergic to the maraschino cherries. I'd like to try to make something similar, though. I asked about them and was told they are a vanilla cookie. If they are a spritz, they'd have to be pretty sturdy to be able to be rolled in sugar.