• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

The Chocolate Doctor

RobertM

Yesterday, I spent the day at the Philadephia Candy Show in Atlantic City and was VERY impressed to see several booths displaying "The Chocolate Doctor" DVD's by none other than the awesome Kerry Beal.

It was simply amazing to see something displayed so prominently by someone I've begun to "know" through this forum, and her amazing posts!

Thank you Kerry for everything you do, and are willing to share, with us here.

Bob

I can echo enthusiastically what RobertM says. I joined this forum just over a year ago and have asked a lot of questions in my quest to learn how to cook and make confections. During this time, many folks have answered my questions and given generously of their time, but none to equal Kerry Beal.

Thank you, Chocolate Doctor. :wub:

Darienne

learn, learn, learn...

We live in hope. 

I just want to add my name to the list of Kerry fans.

Kerry was very helpful to me when I first joined this forum and she continues to be a source of inspiration.

I was at the Philly Candy Show too and was happy to see the DVD set.

I have a set and recommend them to anyone who wants to learn more about working with chocolate.

I am "typing" from Memory, but, I recall that Tomric had a set there, as did Manufacturing Confectioner (but MC had them for "display" only - not for sale). There was also a supplier that was showing them, I will have to think which one.

I got to meet THE Chef Rubber while I was there, spent a lot of time chatting with him - he's a fun guy. Brian (at Tomric) was swampped with people all day, I couldn't even get close to him to say hello. The people from Chocolate-chocolate were there and so much fun - a real source of knowledge. Burke's was there too - he is hilarious, a great guy, more than willing to share his knowledge too - and I love his powdered cream (72%).

Elaine Gonzales was at the Peter's booth - and she always comes with her "A" game. She is such an amazing talent.

All in all, it was a good show, however, it's a shame that they aren't able to pull in more companies for display.

But, again, it was just such a joy to see Kerry's DVD's there - that alone is true validation of the knowledge and skill that she is willing to share with the rest of us. I'm only sorry I didn't get to the conference this past spring -