• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Best Pub Food in Vancouver

maxmillan

Down at Darby's Pub on 4th and MacDonald, Alex Rotherham is cranking out some nice food.

I heard good things about Darby's (I haven't been there since the '80's - I should rectify this soon). Does the Irish Heather count as a pub? I like the food there too. I haven't been to a Long Table Series event yet. It sounds like it has resonated with Vancouver diners as it seems to sell out regularly.

fmed

de gustibus non est disputandum

Pubs of note. The Irish Heather, Darby's and although not really a pub the Alibi Room for the best selecton of craft beers on tap in the city. I like the Irish breakfast at the IH on weekends and their take on bangers and pot pies works well for me.

Edited by SBonner (log)

"who needs a wine list when you can get pissed on dessert" Gordon Ramsey Kitchen Nightmares 2005

MY BLOG

On recent visit to Vancouver, visited Three Lions Cafe on East Broadway (1-1 East Broadway). Its a "gastropub"

Had the Eggs Benny, their take on the usual. Came with large salad.

Noted they serve "Full English Breakfast".

Excellent service - drink and coffee refils prompt.

Small patio away from the main street for enjoying the summer. It was warm and sunny so we sat there.

For soccer fans, this is an active place to watch and cheer.

I would defintely go back.

Did not see the dinner menu but heard they serve bangers and mash!