• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Black truffle risotto

glennbech

Black truffle risotto

Serves 2 as Appetizer.

This black truffle risotto is just awsome. A lot of black truffle risotto recipies I found while searching, had garlic, mushrooms etc. in them. What I like about this recipe is that it's simple, yet rich, and that it lets the taste of the truffles dominate the dish.

Please note that this is my first black truffle dish, my first encounter with the ingredient. So, I do not claim to be any kind of expert in the field.

This recipe has it's roots in an Oscar dinner, orgiginally made with pan roasted organic chicken. The recipe had slightly more black truffle in it, and black truffle butter as an ingredient. To acommodate my wallet, I've reduced the truffle content some (not much).

• 1/2 dl Olive oil
  • 125 g Risotto rice
  • 1/4 Yellow onion, finely chopped
  • 1 dl White Wine
  • 4 dl Chicked stock
  • dl grated parmesan cheese
  • 14 g grated black truffle (This was half a black truffle for me)
  • 1 T Butter

Sweat the onions in the pan with the olive oil until tender. Add the white wine and reduce untill all the liquid is absorbed. Add a the chicken stock a little at a time, stiring the risotto continously. After about 20 minutes, the rice should be tender but still firm. Taste along the way!

Add the butter, parmesan and truffle. Serve immediately on hot plates.

Keywords: Vegetarian, Rice

( RG1940 )