• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Coconut Custard with Black Bean Brownie

duckduck

Coconut Custard with Black Bean Brownie

Coconut custard

½ cup Chaokah coconut cream or coconut milk

2 eggs

3 TB agave syrup, brown sugar or palm sugar

3 TB cooked forbidden rice

Mix and pour into 3 oz ramekins. Makes 3 servings.

Lightly oil the ramekins first if you’re going to be unmolding to place them on top of the brownie.

Put in a 300 degree oven in a hot water bath for 35 min.

If not pairing with the brownies, I would use only 2 TB agave syrup.

Black Bean Brownies (wheat free)

8 oz unsalted butter

2 oz unsweetened chocolate

1 cup sugar

2 eggs room temp.

½ cup black bean puree

1 TB instant coffee (Nescafe Mountain Blend for mine)

¼ c chopped pecans

Melt butter over low heat, at chocolate to melt. Let cool.

Add eggs one at a time to sugar in mixer bowl. Slowly add

butter and chocolate mixture. Add black bean puree. Add coffee.Turn off mixer and stir in pecans. Pour into greased 8x8 pan and bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes. Allow to cool completely.

I think these would be great topped with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.

These are a very fudgy and some what crumbly brownie and I found that if you use 2/3 cup black bean puree, it makes them a little more cakey and less fudgy. For the black bean puree, I used low sodium canned black bean, rinsed very thoroughly and buzzed in a food processor.

Keywords: Dessert, Plated Dessert

( RG1932 )

Pamela Wilkinson

www.portlandfood.org

Life is a rush into the unknown. You can duck down and hope nothing hits you, or you can stand tall, show it your teeth and say "Dish it up, Baby, and don't skimp on the jalapeños."