• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Pudim (Brazilian Flan)

Brasil

Pudim (Brazilian Flan)

Serves 12 as Dessert.

Hello Fellow Brazilian Cookers and Brazilian Lovers.

I have a recipe here that took me 2 years to master. Although I am american, People swear that I am 100% Brazilian and I cook better than there Grandmother..lol I want to share my recipe of a Brazilian Flan (Pudim) that is a favorite trditional Dessert in Brasil

• 2 cans (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
  • 8 eggs
  • 2 T of Vanilla
  • 2 T of Corn Starch
  • 2 c of milk
  • 2 c granulated sugar

PREPARE:

Using a pan large enough that a Bundt Pan can fit into without sinking.

Please 1/4 inch of water into Pan and heat on med temp

Heat 2 cups of granulated sugar in saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir constantly until sugar dissolves and become caramel colored.

Quickly pour and Swirl caramel Sugar around the inside of the Bundt Pan until you have covered the bottom, sides and the middle cone part then place in the Pan of water so it is sitting on top.

Mix in a blender: sweetened condensed milk, eggs, vanilla, corn starch & milk.

Pour into prepared Bundt Pan and use a towel big enough to wrap around the lid and tie it tight. Place the lid on the bundt pan and cook at med heat for 1 hour or until tooth pick comes out clean and the pudim is firm to the touch.

Once you have established the pudim is firm. Take out of the pan and refrigerate for 3 hours until cooled. Once cooled, carefully use a butter knife and loosen the sides until you can move the pan back and forth (swish it) so it comes loose. Place a large dish or Platter over the top and flip it fast until it falls on the platter. Lift the bundt pan off and you have yourself a perfect Brazilian Pudim. Enjoy!!

Keywords: Dessert

( RG1729 )