• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Baby Biscuits

srhcb

Baby Biscuits

No, not the little tiny progeny of normal size biscuits, nor a recipe from Jonathan Swift's "A Modest Proposal", but teething biscuits for human babies.

The first time my de facto grandson visited our house I was pretty much at a loss for anything to do. If there's one subject I know next to nothing about, it's babies. The last direct contact I'd had with an actual baby was long ago when my Sister was one. Since I was only six years old at that time I don't recall too much about it.

I did notice, however, that babies like to eat. I remembered that my King Arthur Flour Cookbook included a recipe for Teething Biscuits. I retired to the kitchen, leaving the hands-on baby care in more capable hands of Mom and Grandma.

• 1/2 c Milk
  • 1/4 c Vegetable Oil
  • 1/4 c Molasses
  • 1-1/2 c AP Flour
  • 1-1/2 c Whole Wheat Flour

Blend the Wet Ingredients

Stir the Flours into the Wet Ingredients

Knead the mixture to make a smooth Dough

Let the Dough rest, covered, 20 minutes

Roll Dough out to 1/4" thickness

Cut in 1-2" shapes (I used a star shapped cutter) and place on baking sheet

Let them rest another 15-20 minutes

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

Bake approx 30 minutes until quite hard

Store in refrigerator or freezer and serve cold

They tasted rather bland to me, but the 9 month old baby I had available for testing approved.

SB (and our dogs liked them too)

Keywords: Amuse, Easy

( RG1653 )