• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Sign in to follow this  
Ling

Chocolate Toffee Butter cookies

Chocolate Toffee Butter cookies

Here's one of my favourite recipes from the Vancouver Egullet cookie exchange!

• 2 c AP flour
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 c unsalted butter
  • 1 c packed light brown sugar
  • 1 eg
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 c Heath toffee bits
  • 1 c semisweet chocolate chips
  • 1 T vegetable oil
  • 2/3 c finely chopped pecans

1) Whisk flour, baking powder, and salt together. With electric mixer, beat brown sugar and butter on medium until fluffy (~ 3 minutes) Add egg and vanilla and beat until combined about 30 seconds further. Reduce speed to low and add flour mixture in two parts and mix until incorporated. Stir in toffee bits. Divide dough in half and roll each into a log about 9 inches long and 1 ½ inches in diameter. Then flatten log until about 2 ½ inches wide. Wrap and refrigerate until firm about 1 ½ hours.

2) Adjust oven racks to upper-middle and lower-middle positions and preheat oven to 350 degrees. Like 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.

3) Using a chef’s knife, cut dough into ¼ inch slices, transfer to baking sheets spacing about 1 inch apart. Bake until just browned around edges, 10-12 minutes, rotating the direction and position of the baking sheets halfway through. Cool completely on baking sheets and use remaining dough to make second batch.

4) Transfer cookies to wire rack set over baking sheets. Melt chocolate and mix with oil until smooth. Drizzle chocolate cookies and sprinkle with pecans. Don’t touch until chocolate sets – about 1 hour.

( RG1527 )

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By eglies
      Hi there,

How low can you go on calculating pricing on wedding favours. 

I use this method which assumes you want a 50% mark up:  Cost of item: 4 dollars (100-50)x100

I know its up to me to decide the mark up percentage I use but how low should can you/should you go?

Thanks guys
      E
    • By onemorebitedelara.com
      Has anyone used Valrhona Absolut Crystal neutral glaze particularly to thicken a coulis or to glaze a tart?  If so, how did you like it and is there another glaze you think worked as well but is less expensive or can be purchased in smaller quantities?  
    • By eglies
      We are new Chocolatiers 3 months in business and doing well. We are looking for mentors people who are in production and can help us grow in the right direction. We need to take some decisions to invest now before the holiday season and want to make sure we are doing the right moves. 
      If we need to pay for this service we don’t have a big budget but will try.  We will try to get help to avoid any mistakes and will take a loan for this investment. 
      Look forward to hear from you guys
      thks

• By Tiffany B
      Hello, 

I am new to this forum. It is nice to meet you all.

For August I have 2 big custom chocolate jobs and would love to know if I can paint the molds with tempered cocoa butter weeks in advance and then shell, fill, cap, at the last minute?
      Will the paint hold and be shiny and beautiful? 

Thanks in advance
    • By Ciordia9
      I've read some older threads on here about keeping your cocoa butter warm in a dehydrator. We picked up a NutriChef PKFD32 which was the closest we could find to a recommended one (2016/2018) and none of our bottles fit. Which had us ask--are people putting their bottles preset in here or are you using cups/transferring and cleaning your bottles over and over? Also if the PKFD32 isn't what we should be using, is there one generally people like now?

We've grown up from cheap airbrushes to the Grex line and we're attempting to get much more serious about our airbrush techniques. It's been long enough. Any thoughts, tips, tricks, or considerations are greatly appreciated.