• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Pudding Pop Experiment

Schielke

What about Jello Gelatin Pops? The fruit flavored ones?

I loved those. If they brought those back, I would cry with happiness.

Noise is music. All else is food.

Ben, I must admit that I've never tasted Jell-O Pudding Pops (they're not sold here in my country but a friend was telling me about these a couple years back and I decided to make them - we do however, get the Jell-Os here) ... anyways I make them for my kids and it seems that by using evaporated milk (not the low fat version) instead of whole milk makes them taste better & creamier, and sending them straight to the freezer from the stovetop makes it smoother too - just like the pudding but frozen. Yumm! Just thought I'd share that with you. :smile:

• 2 weeks later...

As far as popsicle molds -- I just got a nice set from IKEA last week -- holds 7 pops and cost $1.99, seems sturdy. Why oh why did I only buy one?? Now all I need is a box o' pudding...

In the meantime I am being all healthy: orange juice, frozen banana and yoghurt slush made in blender then frozen in molds to set. The pre-frozen banana takes away the large ice crystal problem. I am currently considering exchanging the yoghurt for coconut milk and some form of alcohol. Any thoughts?

I am currently considering exchanging the yoghurt for coconut milk and some form of alcohol. Any thoughts?

I don't know about coconut milk and alcohol (me no drinkey alcohol :wink: ) but we make a dessert here called bubur with coconut milk using green beans, red beans or corn kernels ... with palm sugar added and these 'soupy' desserts are very yummy when frozen. In fact, there are frozen pops in those flavors sold here. At home we don't have to use the pop mold, we make them in a long tube-like plastics about a foot long and an inch diameter. This is even better than the mold as you won't have any drippings.

• 3 months later...