• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

baby back ribs

Paul B

baby back ribs

This is a fave with my family. When my kids want it they ask me to make the ribs.

In a bowl, combine all dry ingredients. Place each slab of baby back ribs on a piece of heavy-duty aluminum foil, or in one of those aluminum “hot bags.” Sprinkle each side generously with the dry rub and pat the dry rub into the meat. Refrigerate the ribs for a minimum of 1 hour, preferably overnight.. In a microwavable container, combine all ingredients for the braising liquid. Cook for 1 minute.

Preheat oven to 265 degrees.

Place the ribs on a baking sheet. Open one end of the foil on each slab and pour half of the braising liquid into each foil packet. Close the packet and braise the ribs in the oven for 2 1/2 hours.

Transfer the braising liquid into a medium saucepot (this can be tricky!! I put the ribs in the foil on top of a wok and then poke a hole in the foil). Bring the liquid to a simmer and reduce by half or until of a thick syrup consistency. Brush the glaze onto the ribs. Place under the broiler or on the BBQ until the glaze caramelizes lightly. Slice each slab into portions. Place the remaining hot glaze into a bowl and toss the ribs in the glaze. Serve with lots of napkins

( RG1312 )

Paul B