• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Majestic Flourless Chocolate Cake by Debra Diller

PastryLady

Majestic Flourless Chocolate Cake by Debra Diller

I make this cake for the Majestic Cafe in Michigan, so I called it the Majestic Flourless cake. I have tried many flourless cakes and this one I believe is the best. It is really is enjoyed as a miniature because it is very rich. This recipe makes about 30-6 oz cups/cakes.

• oz 64% Chocolate (Valrhona or Noel)
  • oz Unsalted Butter
  • 1 pinch kosher salt
  • 2 c Hot Water
  • 1/2 oz Espresso powder (Magdelia d'oro)
  • oz Sugar (#1)
  • 18 lg eggs
  • 9 oz sugar (#2)

Preheat oven to 290 F. Melt Butter and Chocolate over double boiler until fully melted. Dissolve sugar #1 in hot water and add espresso powder. Buzz eggs with sugar #2 with immersion blender. Temper eggs into hot water mixture and buzz with immersion blender. Add chocolate/butter mixture. Buzz with immersion blender until smooth. Spray pans and place on a sheet tray or hotel pan. Fill pans with mixture and place in oven. Add water to pan to make a water bath. Rotate trays as needed for even baking. Depending on size of pan will determine length of baking. As my pastry chef says, bake it until it is done.

Keywords: Dessert, Immersion Blender, Intermediate, Chocolate, Cake

( RG1163 )

Debra Diller

"Sweet dreams are made of this" - Eurithmics