• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Cottage Cheese Pancakes

ruthcooks

Cottage Cheese Pancakes

Serves 4 as Main Dish.

I'm not fond of the fluffy kind of pancakes which absorb too much syrup. These are very tender and delicate. I use Breakstone 2% or 4% fat small curd cottage cheese.

These are also great for Atkins or other low carb diets. By my count, 11 grams carbs per 3-pancake serving, using 1/4 C. batter per pancake. Add additional carbs depending on the topping.

• 1 c cottage cheese
  • 6 large eggs
  • 6 T flour
  • 6 T melted butter
  • Pinch salt

Combine all ingredients in food processor and process until smooth. Bake on griddle or iron skillet over medium or medium high heat until cooked on both sides.

I usually serve with Blueberry-Orange Sauce made by cooking fresh or frozen blueberries in orange juice and sweetening to taste

Keywords: Breakfast, Brunch

( RG919 )

Ruth Dondanville aka "ruthcooks"

“Are you making a statement, or are you making dinner?” Mario Batali