• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Sweet Sausage Rolls

Marlene

Sweet Sausage Rolls

• 1 pkg puff pastry or,
  • 1 tube, crescent roll dough
  • 24 miniature smoked sausage links
  • 1/2 c butter, melted
  • 1/2 c chopped nuts
  • 3 T honey
  • 3 T brown sugar

Separate crescent rolls into triangles. Cut each length-wise into 3 triangles. If using puff pastry do the same with it. Place a sausage on the long end and roll up tightly. Set aside.

Combine the remaining ingredients in an 11x7x2 in baking dish. Arrange sausage rolls, seam side down in butter mixture.

Bake uncovered, at 400, for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.

Keywords: Hors d'oeuvre, Easy

( RG197 )

Marlene

cookskorner

Practice. Do it over. Get it right.

Mostly, I want people to be as happy eating my food as I am cooking it.

• Similar Content

• By shain
      400g wide pasta/noodles, best to use one made with eggs 4 baking apples (600g-700g) (I use Gala, as I find Granny Smith to be a bit too tart here). Peeled and cut into strips 80g-100g raisins, or chopped dried apricots 70g (1/3 cup) sweet wine (or whatever not-tart wine you have on hand) 1-2 tablespoons butter 70g-80g toasted walnuts, roughly chopped 90g dark brown sugar 1.5 tablespoons cinnamon 2/3 teaspoon salt 5 eggs  
      In a large bowl, soak raisins in wine. Add butter (unmelted), walnuts, sugar, cinnamon and salt. Cook the noodles until al-dente. Drain well and mix the hot noodles in the bowl until coated with the butter and sugar. Let chill a little (so that the eggs won't cook), then add the eggs and apples. Mix well. Pour into a spring-form pan, or a casserole pan. Gently flatten making sure to push down any nuts you see, to prevent them from charring. Bake in a 190C hot oven, for 30 minutes or so. Remove from the oven, brush the top with butter (1-2 teaspoons). Optionally sprinkle some sugar on top for added crunch. Bake for 25-30 additional minutes, until the top is well browned and crisp. Serve immediately, or bake to re-crisp just before serving. Reheats well in an oven (or in a MW, but you'll lose the crispness).  
      I make it every year for nearly 10 years.

2020:

2019:

2018:

• By shain
      This is a recipe Iv'e been making for years, at least once per summer.
      It's quick to make, and I often divide into two pans, and refrigerate them, to be baked as a quick weekday dinner.

500g fusilli pasta 250g dry mozzarella cheese - diced (apx 1cm sized cubes) 40-100g cream (full fat, or a larger amount of half and half) - I usually go with 40g, but we tend to prefer things not overly rich 4 large tomatoes (or 6 medium ones), preferably drier varieties, such as Roma tomatoes - cut into stripes 8-9 minced garlic cloves - minced apx 35g basil - chopped + more for serving optional: 1-2 tsp nutritional yeast plenty of pepper salt to taste, 1-2 tsp (I'm a salt lover and often use 2, but it also depends on the saltiness of the cooking water)  

Cook the pasta a little shy of al dente. Drain well, let cool a bit. Place in a large bowl, mix in remaining ingredients. Can be refrigerated at this point. Place the entire amount or half of it in a shallow casserole dish that will contain the pasta so that it is not too tall - you want plenty of surface area. Bake under a low broiler (~220-230 deg C) for apx. 40-50 minutes until the top browns very deeply and the pasta is very crisp. Scatter some more basil. Serve immediately.  

• By ShylahSinger
      Hello! I'm fairly new to this site so I don't know if my search was weak. I'm trying to find a way to make Mandarin orange puree at home, but I couldn't find anything even similar in the forum. I am a home cook, but I have been making chocolate bonbons and other confections for over 4 years (intermitantly). It is too expensive for me to purchase this online- not because of the price of the puree, but the cost of shipping makes it prohibative. The recipes I've seen online are all differant and don't seem to be what I need. 
      I would love any help with this! I look forward to hearing and learning from those who have much, much more experience than me. Thanks!
    • By Susanwusan
      Hi, has anyone got a nice recipe for mango jelly using tinned mango puree (850g) and agar-agar powder (and possibly mango juice drink)? 
    • By AlaMoi
      made a tapenade using the usual garlic / olives / olive oil / lemon juice recipe - with kalamata olives.
      I have anchovy (tinned and paste) on standby . . . we both like anchovy....

now,,, I like kalamata olives - especially in a salad that involves feta....
      however, DW is underwhelmed and suggests 'it is just too strong'

we don't have a large selection of olives at the market - other than the usual green/black/with without stuffings...
      Castelvetrano
      the store has an olive bar - but the descriptions are strictly marketing BS - not specific olive types.  lots of 'mixtures'

the Castelvetrano press is pretty good - any experiences on toning down from kalamata welcomed.
      other tips.... i.e. 50-50 Kalamata & black/green, etc.

we do Amazon, so we should be able to get any type . . .