• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Monkey Bread for Bread Machines

Marlene

Monkey Bread for Bread Machines

Great for kids after school. Pan variations include cupcake pans, mini loaf pans.

(spelt flour can easily be used instead of regular flour. Use 1 oz less of water)

• 1 c water
  • 2 T butter
  • 1/4 c sugar
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 3 c bread flour
  • 2-1/2 tsp bread machine yeast
  • 1/2 c buttter, melted
  • 1/2 c brown sugar
  • 1 c raisins, optional

Place the first 7 ingredients into the baking pan of your bread machine in the order directed by the manufacturer.

Select dough cycle and press start. When dough is completed, place dough on floured surface and knead 10-12 times. Melt the cup of butter and stir in brown sugar and raisins if using. Cut dough into 1 inch chunks. Drop each chunk into butter mixture, 1 at a time. Loosely layer coated dough pieces in a 6 inch bundt pan or loaf pan. Cover and let rise in a warm draft free place for 20 minutes.

Bake at 375 for 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from oven and cool slightly Place plate over pan, and turn upside down. Slice and enjoy!

Keywords: Snack, Easy, Bread, Bread Machine

( RG131 )

Marlene

Practice. Do it over. Get it right.

Mostly, I want people to be as happy eating my food as I am cooking it.