• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Marking Chocolates

Camano Chef

Hello All:

Is it possible to mark the bottoms of molded chocolates with the maker's name?

Can this be done with transfer sheets before the bottoms have "set"?

Can I make a stencil and spray the bottoms with colored cocoa butter?

Thanks for any ideas

Phil

Any one of those options should work. You could also use a raised structure sheet with the name on it.

Edited by Kerry Beal (log)

Kerry,

What is a raised structure sheet? Do I make it? If so, how? Is there a source for such an item? How is it used?

Surely chocolatiers have developed a way to distinctively mark their molded chocolates. What is the generally accepted "best" way?

Many thanks

Phil

By structural sheet I mean the sheets that you use on the top of enrobed chocolates that gives you lines, or a leather like look etc. Not sure where you would get custom made ones with your name or initials, but I suspect there exists such a place.

hi!

i used american chocolate, http://www.americanchocolatedesigns.com/ , to make some custom printed transfer sheets. they even let me do 1/2 the sheet with one logo and the other 1/2 sheet with a larger/longer logo of my name. they are very reasonable, and i did a one color (but you could do multiple colors) and when i dip anything, i just set it on that, instead of parch or wax paper, and everything is "marked" then :)

hope that helps!