• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

100 Cocktails To Try Before You Die

jmfangio

• 2 weeks later...

Fred's version sounds a lot better than the version in the video, which has 3 spoons of sugar, plus 5/6 oz of orange juice, plus 1/2 oz of sweet vermouth to only 2 oz of light rum. That's a lot of sugar.

Oh, and if the bartender takes out a machete, I plan on running. ;)

Kindred Cocktails | Craft + Collect + Concoct + Categorize + Community

Today's post on cocktail virgin slut is about what we have been discussing here, the Crescent City Cocktail...

After seeing this thread here after seeing the traffic on the blog, I went back and researched and updated my blog post. Embury had a tendency of upping the base spirit and decreasing the sweetener so his recipes match his preference for tart booze bombs. Perhaps a middle ground of 1 1/4 oz each rum and sweet vermouth, 1/2 oz lime juice, 1 dash Ango + optional barspoon of simple syrup would split the difference between the Angostura one and Embury.

Don't know if I'm going to finish 100 Drinks v2.0. I made a resolution to finish v1.0 in 2009 and made it by the last week of the year. I'm at 79 on the 2nd version.

• Like 1