• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Piege guessing game

fresh_a

With the Crillon's chef departure, le tout Paris is (for those not on the inside track) are wondering where. Thoumieux has been a project for awhile, but something else is brewing, rumour has it, on the Left Bank. Word has also been leaked about a new concept gastro chain along the lines of JR's Atelier, but simpler and more democratic. Rumor has it also that he's had trouble getting the new project off the ground (and having grief with a business/creative partner..). But enough with these rumors.

What do you all think? What would you like to see?

Edited by fresh_a (log)

Anti-alcoholics are unfortunates in the grip of water, that terrible poison, so corrosive that out of all substances it has been chosen for washing and scouring, and a drop of water added to a clear liquid like Absinthe, muddles it." ALFRED JARRY

blog

Of course this is top secret and yet to be confirmed, but I've heard he is planning to open a restaurant in association with François Simon. That would be in Paris. Not sure I heard or remember the name right but it should be La Pipe or something like that.

This could start a new trend...what next...Pudlo with Ghislaine Arabian, Jean-Luc Petitrenaud with Christian Constant, François-Regis Gaudry with Alleno...the mind boggles and culinary criticism no longer has to pretend to be impartial.

hhahahahhahahahhahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahaahh

Anti-alcoholics are unfortunates in the grip of water, that terrible poison, so corrosive that out of all substances it has been chosen for washing and scouring, and a drop of water added to a clear liquid like Absinthe, muddles it." ALFRED JARRY

blog

Actually I already heard that as well, but didn't believe it.hahahha.

Edited by fresh_a (log)

blog

yep. why not I've heard stranger stuff...

blog