• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

BBQ Catering

meredithla

• 2 months later...

Are you looking for a place you can just pick up an order, or are you looking for private on-site catering? Dave "Fink" Finkelstein does do private catering... and he is not currently working on any projects. (If you search the NJ Restaurant Forum, you'll find that he has been discussed on these boards quite a bit.) You can contact him, if you like, at finksfunky@optonline.net. Right now, he's based out of Teaneck.

(Disclaimer: I AM married to the guy... so I am definitely biased. But I think one or two people here might back me up on this.)

Consider yourself backed up, Mrs. Fink! :biggrin:

"I'm not eating it...my tongue is just looking at it!" --My then-3.5 year-old niece, who was NOT eating a piece of gum

"Wow--this is a fancy restaurant! They keep bringing us more water and we didn't even ask for it!" --My 5.75 year-old niece, about Bread Bar

"He's jumped the flounder, as you might say."

• 3 weeks later...

I did a column on this subject recently for SuzySaid.com. Here in Montclair, The Wood Pit on Bloomfield Avenue does BBQ + catering -- I've heard they're very good but I haven't been. www.thewoodpit.com. They're also expanding into the space next door after the 1st of the year. Also Ruthie's BBQ and Pizza on Chestnut Street. I think his pizza's the best around and BBQ aficionados say the same of his BBQ. www.ruthiesbbq.com Good luck!