• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Cookies to bake for a funeral?

Kajikit

At my funeral I'm going to request decorated coffin cookies. Just because I have a sick sense of humor and I'm a professional baker.  :laugh:  :laugh:

Don't want to make light of the situation, but my Dad always said something like, "The last cheque you write should be to the undertaker–and it should bounce!"

I think more along these lines, "The last cheque you write should be to the pâtissier–and it should bounce–before you've died, but after you've eaten the pastry."

Edited by fooey (log)

Fooey's Flickr Food Fotography

Brünnhilde, so help me, if you don't get out of the oven and empty the dishwasher, you won't be allowed anywhere near the table when we're flambeéing the Cherries Jubilee.

I picked up the leftover cookies and brownies this morning. There were 100 people at the funeral, and they ate half of the stuff I took (5 trays of brownies and 4 batches of cookies, and 1 sugar-free slice). I stashed most of the leftovers in the church freezer and told them to use them for morning teas, and brought a few home for us to enjoy. The sugar-free cookies never made it to the event - sitting overnight turned them into hideous pasty blobs of chemically nothingness, so I had to throw them out. :( But the sugar-free slice was entirely eaten, or else somebody took it home - there wasn't any left today anyway, so I presume it was a success!