• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Twitter Philadelphlia

Holly Moore

I may be stating what most folks already know. I seem to have that knack.

The past few weeks I have hooked up on Twitter with the major food blogs and some newspaper feeds. There is no better source for what is happening and what is going to happen in Philadelphia food scene. Openings, closings, menus, special events, cupcakes (we're getting a cupcake truck), pies (we're getting a pie bakery). Mike Klein tweets well ahead of his column. Same with Drew Lazer of the City Paper.

Every day there are dozens of relevant and semi-relevant tweets. I'm hooked.

Holly Moore

"I eat, therefore I am."

HollyEats.Com

Twitter

I'm hardly in their league, but I now post weekly RTM updates (I had tried to recruit Bob Libkind, but he passed on it) and other occasional items about specialty grocers and foods in Philly on Examiner.com. Look for me under "Philadelphia Specialty Grocery Examiner" -- and "Philadelphia Public Transportation Examiner" (surprised? :biggrin: ).

I tweet when new items get posted:

http://twitter.com/MarketStEl

Edited to add: Of course, relevant tips always welcome. Tweet me, PM me, email me, IM me -- just get them to me if you can.

Edited by MarketStEl (log)

Sandy Smith, Exile on Oxford Circle, Philadelphia

"95% of success in life is showing up." --Woody Allen

My foodblogs: 1 | 2 | 3