• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Thanksgiving

pistolabella

Hello all! i am going to be in New Orleans on Thanksgiving and am looking for dining suggestions. I have been to the city many times and am familiar with restaurants serving all the quintessential, different types of new orleans cuisine, so what i'm really looking for is a really nice, amazing restaurant for Thanksgiving. My friend and I are prepared to throw down some serious cash if necessary. Any and all suggestions would be very rad and much appreciated! ( and yes I know its only August...I love fawning over possible itineraries for as long as possible)

Hello all! i am going to be in New Orleans on Thanksgiving and am looking for dining suggestions. I have been to the city many times and am familiar with restaurants serving all the quintessential, different types of new orleans cuisine, so what i'm really looking for is a really nice, amazing restaurant for Thanksgiving. My friend and I are prepared to throw down some serious cash if necessary.  Any and all suggestions would be very rad and much appreciated! ( and yes I know its only August...I love fawning over possible itineraries for as long as possible)

Are most places open on Thanksgiving day? I know hotel restaurants would be, but what about other restaurants?

Todd A. Price aka "TAPrice"

Homepage and writings; A Frolic of My Own (personal blog)

One thing to keep in mind is that the Bayou Classic is that weekend so make your reservations early and often. Otherwise the Rib Room is an excellent suggestion. If they aren't open you could try the Veranda at the InterContinental Hotel, or maybe something at Harrah's, and it would be worth looking into whether Galvez will be open, its in the old Bella Luna space which has one of the nicest locations for a restaurant in the City. Perhpas Muriels on Jackson Square might be open. Whatever you do, do not go to the Court of Two Sisters. Hope you enjoy your stay. ch

Wouldn't the dining room at the Windsor Court Hotel be open. When I worked there we always served landmark numbers on Thanksgiving.

It is good to be a BBQ Judge.  And now it is even gooder to be a Steak Cookoff Association Judge.  Life just got even better.  Woo Hoo!!!

Joiei's suggestion is also a good one, actaully, its probably the best so far, I am sure the Grill Room puts on quite a spread for Tday. And the Marriot has a new restaurant, 5fifty5, could be worth looking into. The Ritz and the Roosevelt would be the other obvious hotel suggestions, dah, sometimes locals just aren't the right people to ask some questions, like what's the best place to change money in New Orleans, or obvioulsy, where should I eat on Thanksgiving. Mr. Lagasse might have something going on as well. That is if anyone is still listening. ch