• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

New Orleans 60 Hours

BryanZ

Wait a minute.

You didn't even pop for the souvenir glass and you're going to tell the story for years to come?

For shame.

I know. Lame, right? Had I known how bad the drink was actually going to be I would've sprung for the souvenir glass. Umm, next time?

And though we sat inside for a couple songs, we did make it out to the flaming fountain. Truly, a sight to behold.

Dont sweat it, you can get the glass in a thrift shop at some point.

The Hurricane is a truely horrible drink. Most of the knockoffs are more swallow-able, if not good.

Sadly, the bar doesnt serve "flaming jelly beans", which are possible the perfect drink to go w the fountain.

"You dont know everything in the world! You just know how to read!" -an ah-hah! moment for 6-yr old Miss O.

Wine gelee, tropical fruits, whipped cream

gallery_58755_6756_18572.jpg

Very pretty

I would've preferred a broken gelee, mounded into a bowl, with smaller fruit slices throughout. If anything I would've reimagined the dish to put the whipped cream in a thin layer at the bottom, perhaps lightly gelling that.

Jello salad, in other words.

"You dont know everything in the world! You just know how to read!" -an ah-hah! moment for 6-yr old Miss O.